Saturday, July 17, 2010

Such a big girl...

Bailey's a tall girl. God bless her, because I don't know where she got her height from but she's consistently been in the top 75% for her age. Sometimes I look at her and am amazed she's only 3! But being tall is not what I meant in the title, "Such a big girl...". She's such a big girl as she continues to grow, change and amaze us. Every week she seems to do something new; something she couldn't do before. She's figuring out how to ride her big girl bike. This past week, I took her to the Silver Comet trail for a test run and, while she only went a few feet at a time and in 30 minutes we did not go far, dog-gone-it...she did it!! She did GREAT! I will say that teaching her how to ride a bike has been a challenge for me. I'm not the best teacher so it's a huge lesson in patience. I was so proud of her efforts! Oh...and I know, she should really wear a helmet, but it was 90+ degrees outside and I knew she would be passed up by most snails so... I figured we were okay this time out :)




After the bike ride, Bailey noticed that the fountain at the Silver Comet was finally open (they installed this a few years ago, but only had it running for a couple of months...I think because of the drought). She was SO excited to see this but, one problem...mommy didn't bring a swim suit. We solved that problem...get wet in your clothes! There was only one other parent there with their little girl so, it worked out just fine and Boo had a GREAT time!



Hmmm...I don't think my shirt is wet enough..

Yep, this should do it! :)

Hey...where did the water go (she didn't realize she was standing on it)

She stepped back and the water spouted out; she thought that was hilarious :)

Hope you've all had a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment