Sunday, August 15, 2010

Finger painting...

Bailey is all girl...which simply means she does not like to get dirty. Well, that and she likes clothes...both traits she got from her YiaYia. So, I've waited 3 1/2 years before introducing finger painting. Up until this point, she has gotten upset if the marker she was using got ink on her hand so when I explained to her that we were going to do a new craft and that that craft including paint and her hands well, let's just say she was curious.

Off we went to the front room of the house where we put on her art shirt and Boo looked through the box of paint that I had bought her. Bailey quickly chose purple. She watched me put the paint on a paper plate and then looked at me with this look that said, "Yeah...now what?". When I told her to put her fingers in the paint and then put her fingers on the paper...to my surprise, she dove right in! She had a great time but was definitely ready to wash her hands by the time the paint ran out. Looks like our girlie-girlie might have a artsy side :)

Oh...quick update on preschool. The first week really well! Bailey started to open up about what she was doing in class towards the end of the week (she attends 3 mornings a week for 2.5 hours). She seems to be enjoying it. As for me, I've worked at the church most mornings but Friday I did step away for an hour and a half for a work appointment and this Wednesday YiaYia and Popo will drop her off/pick her up as I have a work meeting so....we're both growing a little :)

Hope you all had a wonderful week!




No comments:

Post a Comment