Saturday, October 29, 2011

36 WEEKS AND...BABY'S ROOM

I'm 36 weeks today and in my 9th month of pregnancy (a woman is pregnant for a full 9 months so, in other words, the pregnancy takes you through the ninth month). Here is some info on baby:

Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He is shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement. At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term.

I'm having weekly ultrasounds so we know that (as of this past Tuesday) he was already a solid 6 pounds...chances are, he'll be a big baby. If I don't deliver before, I will be induced at 39 weeks. While I would rather my body go into labor on it's own...there is a lot of convenience having the date scheduled (definitely makes things easier on Glenna & Tony as they are our support system when I go into labor).

We finished up the nursery a few of weeks ago but were waiting on the decal (of his name) to get here before posting pictures. For those of you who don't know...we have picked a name for this little man. His name is Brandon Elijah. I had Bailey's name picked out when I was a teenager...Bailey was my great-grandparents surname and I always had it picked out for a baby girl so, when Boo was born...Tom didn't really have any say. He did however pick her middle name: Katelyn. So, this time around we switched. Tom got to choose the first name and I got the middle.

Tom's a typical man...not a lot of emotional attachment to a name, he just liked the name Brandon and we both liked that kids would have a "B" name. For me, the name Elijah came from Bailey's first bible. It's a short children's bible that my parents gave her with about 20 bible stories...one being the story of Elijah. The first sentence on that page is, "Elijah was a friend of God". From the first time I read that sentence, it grabbed my heart. I remember thinking, "how awesome...to be a friend of God's". To be a friend means there's time invested, trust...a true relationship. How awesome to have that with our Lord! So...there you have it, Brandon Elijah :)



Sorry about the flash!



The dresser (I painted it red) belonged to Great-Grandad Bailey.

No comments:

Post a Comment