Monday, February 4, 2013

WESTERN DECOR...

I had a lot of fun decorating for this party.  Most of the items/supplies I found at Hobby Lobby with a few things ordered from Oriental Trading.

Each girl got a denim gift bag with their initial on the front in rhinestones.  Inside was a pony color sheet and a western sticker sheet.  For a "place card", each girl received a glass jar filled with gummy bears and their name written on a chalkboard name tag.  I also had cowgirl hats out on the hay, next to the fire pit where we roasted s'mores.

For dinner, we had planned to serve hamburgers however, there was a chance for rain so I opted to play it safe and serve sub sandwiches (aka "Hoedown Hogie"), chips, chicken strips, fruit and licorice (or "Ropin' Reds" as I called them :0).  We also had a "Saloon" for the cokes, water and juice; that area was decorated with black-n-white photos of Bailey and horses.

Like I said...this one was a lot of fun :0)