Monday, August 19, 2013

21 MONTHS...

Brandon Elijah is now 21 months old and I am so incredibly thankful for him.  He brings us so much joy.  I'll try not to gush too much about our little man but, then again, this is my blog so I guess I can go on as much as I'd like :0)

Brandon is a silly and wild little man.  He loves to play (but is not a huge fan of sharing :0).  He climbs on EVERYTHING.  Eats just about anything.  Recognizes several letters of the alphabet and can count up to 10 in his cute little baby voice.  He loves reading books, playing outside and going to the park.  He loves to wave at people and he will chase other kids (especially little girls), just to make sure they notice that he's saying hello :0)  This past month, Brandon added a couple more two word sentences to his vocabulary.  Now he says "bye-bye" to people and then adds "take care" :0).  He also says "train tracks" (with much emphasis as he loves to watch trains...it's so cute). Tonight, as I was changing his diaper he grabbed the diaper cream from me; I told him it was diaper cream and he repeated back "dye-dye cream".  Love it!  So awesome to see him change from a sweet squishy baby, to this sweet little boy!   When I pick him up to put him down (to sleep) and we're walking down the hall, he will put his head on my shoulder (his tummy is to my chest), hold his blanket with his left hand and and then drop his right hand down to his side so he can reach out and grab the fingers of my right hand (which is supporting his bum).  I love that.  He still holds out at his hand to walk with me and when it's time to read a book, you better be ready because he'll grab the book and then back up and fall (he's expecting your lap to be there).  Love that too. If the tv is on and any music with a beat starts playing (especially the music on Disney Jr) he grabs his guitar and plays away.  He will watch youtube after youtube video of acousitc guitar players and if this continues I think Uncle Josh may be right...we may need to get him his own little guitar.  Oh...and I'm pretty sure Brandon will be left handed.  I've tried "fighting" this, only because I don't know how to teach someone to write with their left hand but...try as I might, he still seems to prefer using that left hand :0)  The last picture at the bottom, that's Brandon's "hat".  He's played with my tupperware in the kitchen since 7 or 8 months old, and this one particular container (no others) he started putting on his head around 12 months old, so I've always called it "his hat". Super cute!

Happy 21 months my little man.  Simply adore you.

He's saying "cheese"...while eating cheese :0)

Hey...what happened to my snack??

Wait...what's that I hear?   Is that a Jake song??

Where'd he go??

Of course...he ran to get his guitar (aka racquet)

Time to rock out with Jake's crew!

Man they're a great band :0)

Hate it when the music stop...

I think I'll just wait here for the next song...

Maybe I'll grab my hat while I wait :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment