Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Welcome Mom, to the world of blogging.

This is what Bailey told me, when we were talking about how best to keep family and friends updated on her and her many adventures....welcome to the world of blogging. I've heard it's addictive, so while my plans (that I feel are optimistic at best) are to blog once a week, as I understand it, I may put pen to paper...or is that fingers to keyboard.. more often than planned.

So, what we're here for...our amazing miracle; our gift from God: Bailey Katelyn Siver. Born February 1, 2007 our little one is 21 months old and truly amazing. She is smart and so flipp'in funny! What a character!

To bring you up to speed on Bailey: Sleeps an average of 10 hours a night, and has since about 10 weeks (thank you Jesus!), she only naps once a day for about 1.5 hrs, she appears to have a slight intolerance to dairy (it brings out eczema on her skin and causes gas pains) so she was on soy formula for the first 12 months of her life but since turning one she has been drinking cow's milk, I just have to watch how much she drinks (or how much cheese she eats). She will eat fresh fruit but only veggies from a jar; she likes chicken and every type of bread/pasta. I haven't given her too many store made sweets but she has had a few bites of ice cream and I do give her these little vanilla organic cookies that she loves. Organic...that's a new one for me, since having Bailey I've discovered a whole new world and realized just how poorly Tom and I really do eat. Speaking of Tom, he's a wonderful daddy. He and Bailey have a great time playing together and she really takes after his, shall we say, "gift" of talking :) Bailey's vocabulary is exemplary; she probably has close to 50 words that she uses. It seems like she picks up a new word every day. She loves to read and has recently discovered a love of Lego's. Her newest found friend is Piglet (from Winnie the Pooh), she carries this stuffed animal around everywhere...that and a bottle of bubbles (don't ask me why). Bailey goes to Gymboree twice a week; this is a play group where toddlers play and learn socialization skills as well as how to follow directions (the teacher does a couple of small activities). She also has Sunday School and play dates with her first little friend Evan (she and Bailey are 1 month apart and were fast friends from the womb as her mom and I became friends while we were pregnant with the girls).

Since turning 3 month's old, Bailey has been my work side-kick, my personal assistant if you will :) I'm blessed to work from home and have not only a very flexible work schedule but also a wonderful boss. This has allowed me to keep Bailey at home with me and not put her in daycare. A huge answer to prayer for me. This is the next best thing to my only job being a full time stay-at-home mom.

Okay...so, here's my first post! I need to figure out how to add pictures so I'll work on that this next week. That and my next post :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! Glad you joined the blogging world! Adorable picture of Miss Bailey!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete