Sunday, February 8, 2009

Photos, photos and more photos....

We've had a great week...so I have lots of pictures to show you (actually, these are all from yesterday...I was a little camera happy :). Bailey enjoyed her first week as a 2 year old. She sang herself "Happy Birthday" several times as she played with her new toys. Part of that is my fault as I've given her several different gifts over several different days. Tom says I've instilled in her that it's not a birth"day", but a birth"week". Sounds good to me! :)

After several days of cold weather, we finally had some wonderful temps. yesterday (close to 70) so we took advantage of it and went to the park. Bailey LOVES the swings. It's hard to get her off once it's her turn. Lucky for us, the park we went to yesterday had several swings so she didn't have to share and was able to swing for a good 30 minutes or so. After the swing, we walked around the slides and monkey bars and Bailey made some new friends. There were a few older girls playing. They were very sweet and let Bailey play with them, especially this one little girl Annie who told me that she was 8 AND 2/3 years old :) These girls were taking the bark from the playground and putting into small bags; when I asked what this was for, Annie explained that there was this "mean boy" in her neighborhood that bothered them so they used the bark to throw at him :) Bailey's pretty passive, she runs away if someone is bothering her, so I had to laugh when Annie told me of their plan.

After the park we went to dinner and then for ice cream. Bailey got her first ice cream cone (a small "kiddie cone"). She's tried ice cream before, but she's never got to hold a cone and I wasn't sure how well it would go as Bailey does not like to get dirty but...after a bite or two Bailey announced that she "loved it". That cracked up Tom and I, plus another couple walking by. Then it was back home and potty training (Bailey's doing great and, as you'll see by the photo, it's not traumatic for her :).

Hope your week was as wonderful!











































































































































































1 comment:

  1. GREAT pictures. I love her legs on the swings. she looks like she's having so much fun. AND you can definitely tell she's loving the ice cream cone. Who wouldn't?! yum!!

    ReplyDelete