Sunday, May 3, 2009

Look How Far We Come.....

This past week, Bailey has been pointing out babies and it's made me think of how fast time has (already) gone and how far we've come. Three years ago this week, I was sticking a needle into my stomach each night with fertility drugs designed to help Tom and I conceive. Later in the month (on the 29th to be exact) I took a pregnancy test....my first positive after many negatives. Funny, when you go through infertility, you sometimes (as with our case) have years to think about how it is that you'll tell your loved ones, your husband...your parents, that you're pregnant. For me, even though we were going through infertility treatments I was genuinely shocked when the test turned positive. I was convinced that the treatment had not worked and that I was not pregnant (I had even put a call into the doctor's office a few days before the pregnancy test to talk with them about starting the procedure over the next month). So...when the test turned positive, my Hollywood style, big-drama, over the top way of announcing our pregnancy to my husband and then to my parents pretty much went out the window. For Tom, I called him (he was on the rode on his way out of town for a business trip....luckily only about 20 minutes down the road) and I met him at the door hands shaking as I held out the pregnancy test. For my parents, a simple phone call.....amazing how such a simple thing, a phone call, can have such monumental impact. The home pregnancy test was followed by a blood test at my doctor's office later that morning. There were three amazing moments for me in my pregnancy (the ones that really stood out): the first was the positive pregnancy test, the second was the first ultrasound when not only did we get to see Bailey on the screen but we got to hear her heartbeat, something we were not expecting (this u/s was even more amazing as I had been bleeding the week before and was very afraid that I had lost the baby), the last amazing moment, was her birth.

God is so good and if I never have another child I will praise Him with every breath that is in me for the miracle that He has given me. To be honest, I love Bailey so much that it can be hard for me to imagine having/loving another. My beautiful girl fills the arms that were empty; the love I have for her completes me and gives me purpose. God heard my cries and He answered my prayers. Praise God for His mercy and His blessings.


May 29, 2006 - It's positive!


May 2007 - 3 months old


May 2008 - 1 year 3 months old


May 2009 - 2 years 3 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment