Sunday, August 7, 2011

TENNIS AND 24 WEEKS...

Last week Bailey had tennis camp (1 hour for 4 days). As with most sports, she thought it was "okay" but...she did her best! I'm thankful that it was at 9am each day because we've had some really warm temps these past few weeks. It was hard for me to be too frustrated, when she didn't run all that fast (or at all really :) when the coach asked them to. After all, it may have only been 9am but it was already 80-85 degrees outside and very humid!




I hit 24 weeks yesterday. I am now in my 6th month and starting to feel uncomfortable by the end of the day (for some reason, my belly is 3" larger at night!). Baby moves a lot and he is very strong. With Boo...I remember some really good kicks around 19-21 weeks, but she didn't "roll" my stomach until around 28. With him, I've seen my stomach "roll" since 21 weeks. He obviously has my sweet tooth already because he wakes up and gets very excited after I eat dessert at night (yes, that's at night...most every night. Of course, for me, sadly that's not a pregnancy thing :). Here's some amazing information that I found online about 24 weeks:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment