Saturday, September 17, 2011

30 WEEKS AND COUNTING....

I reached 30 weeks today...no more than 10 weeks to go (at my age, they don't expect you to go full term). Below are some belly pics that I took this morning. Sorry, the color is funny (the middle one my flash went off) and...apparently I needed to clean the bathroom mirror :0)

According to the websites, baby is about 15.5 inches from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet and weighs almost 3 pounds. Between now and week 37, he will gain approximately 1/2 pound per week and grow another 3 inches (at 37 weeks, the baby is considered "full term"...which simply means that they probably would not stop labor if the body started). I am starting to get pretty uncomfortable and find myself making (grunting) noises when I get up or down from sitting or when I roll (yes, you have to roll yourself) out of bed. Ahh...the "beauty" of pregnancy. Oh that and....the hormones are back! I have had more than a few "not so friendly moments" lately :( But...all of this for what we are trusting God for...a healthy baby.

Because I am 40, I am considered (very) AMA (advanced maternal age). Isn't that a lovely term? :) I was AMA with Boo because she was my first child and I delivered her when I was 35 but...with this guy, they are watching me closely. I've started going to the OB every two weeks with ultrasounds at 28 weeks and then again at 32 weeks. Starting at 34 weeks, I go to the OB 2x a week with an u/s weekly. Hey...I guess we'll know for sure that this little guy is definitely a boy!

Lots of love to you all...



No comments:

Post a Comment