Sunday, September 11, 2011

CRAZY BUSY...AND TRYING NOT TO FEAR


I've been crazy busy this past week and a half...which is why I haven't had a chance to post. I'm usually up before 7am and don't sit down (except for at the computer to work) until after 9pm. It amazes me that I've gained any weight this pregnancy...let alone the large amount that I have! Crazy!!

Today is 9/11; I hate this day. I'm not one to typically use the word hate but.... I hate this day. I hate the fact that I live in a world (that I am bringing up my children up in a world) where people fly planes into buildings. A world where people carry guns into malls, restaurants and schools and just start shooting. I hate that people are so angry and that God is the now a four letter word. I hate this day. It makes me want to hide up in our home...actually, it makes me wish I could buy my own island or (at least) 500 acres in Montana where I could shield my family and close friends off from the rest of the world. I hate that I have this fear and I am reminded on the verse that my mother tells me often, "God has not given you a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind" 2 Timothy 1:6-8. I need to remind myself of this verse often because, quite honestly, I am a fearful person. There are days that I am afraid to drop my daughter off at school because I'm not there to protect her, there are times I don't ask Tom to run to the market because I'm afraid that someone will crash into his car, I'm afraid when my parents fly out to see me because their plan could could go down and today...we had to go to the mall to return some stuff and I found myself looking for exits because I was afraid (with it being 9/11) that we may need to get out quickly. I hate this day. But I am so thankful for that verse in 2 Timothy and I hold onto that and do my best to push past my fears.

Yesterday we spent the day as a family at Stone Mountain. The weather was beautiful. We got there just before 10am and stayed until 4pm. Around 2pm it started to get pretty darn warm but, before then, it was just about perfect. We joined the thousands walking and viewing the booths at the Daisy Festival and then we ended the day at the Stone Mountain playground. I'm in my seventh month, so I was hurting pretty good by the time I put Boo to bed but still...it was a really nice day. It was a great way to push past the fear...


No comments:

Post a Comment