Saturday, December 10, 2011

SOME PLACE YOU'RE THANKFUL FOR...

...but never want to be. This is where we spent the afternoon at yesterday:



Yesterday morning, I found a mass in Brandon's neck. I took him to his pediatrician who was unsure of what it was, so we were sent to Children's Hospital for an ultrasound. The afternoon at Children's yesterday was emotional to say the least. Before going to imaging, we had to check him in as a patient (they put a wristband on him and everything). I sat there at the admin desk crying. The young girl helping me was very sweet; she asked if I was okay and all I could say was... "I don't want to be here".

You walk into the hospital and it's bright and cheery; the people are all very friendly which should put you at ease but...then you look around and see some really sick children and you remember why you're there. You're there because your child might be sick...really sick and all you want to do is crawl up in a hole and then to grab your child and run. You're instantly reminded of how your life can change in just a moment...the simple moment of cleaning my son's neck could have changed our lives forever but...

I SERVE A GREAT GOD!!! A God that showed me mercy yesterday. The mass on Brandon's neck was found to be muscular. There's a medical term for it (which I did not write down) but, essentially he has a pulled or irritated muscle that will either correct itself or he (may) have to physical therapy. For now, the pediatrician is having us watch the area and she'll only be concerned if the mass gets larger. We are trusting God that it will go away on it's own and that this visit to Children's will be our first and our last.

Our little man did wonderful for the exam. He slept through the entire process, both for the tech to scan him and then the radiologist herself to have a look. The only movement he made was to stretch when we moved him from side to side and then (at the end) he opened his eyes and looked at me with this peaceful look as if tell me, "Don't forget my middle name Mom: Elijah. I am a friend of God's and...He's got my back".

Today I am a mother who is once again humbled by the Lord we serve. We are also a couple who are so thankful for the family and friends who prayed with us through out the day. That moment did change our lives yesterday, but we are so thankful to be able to say that...it was changed for the better.


After the exam and ready to go home...

No comments:

Post a Comment