Sunday, March 18, 2012

DESIRES OF MY HEART...

One year ago today, I got this....


Man, what a day that was. Some of you know this story, a few of you do not. Tom and I had been working with the RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) that helped us conceive Bailey. We had done an IUI in February that was unsuccessful and had tried another (our last attempt we had decided) the first week in March of 2011. March 18th of last year was a Friday. That Tuesday, I was absolutely positive that I was not pregnant. I remember that day like it was yesterday and almost with as much emotion. I had dropped Bailey off at preschool and was sitting in the parking lot of the Walmart off the East-West Connector. Not to give too much detail but...my cycle had started and I knew the IUI had not worked. First I called Tom and then I called my closest friend. With Tom and I shared with him how angry I felt. Angry that we had waited so long to start trying again and that at (almost 40) I had missed the window....that ever so precious fertility window that women often don't talk about. You would think that because we needed assistance to get pregnant with Boo, that we would have been more prepared to start trying for baby #2 a little sooner but...I guess we just weren't. So I talked with Tom and then I called Glenna and in tears told her I would need her help in a few weeks, to put on a garage sale so I could sell all the baby stuff I had been holding onto. Needless to say...it was a pretty crappy day.

Fast forward to Friday and that cycle that I thought was starting well...it never really took shape. I remember thinking on Wednesday, "hmmm....that's strange", then the same thing on Thursday, "hmmm...strange again". I didn't tell Tom or G any of this. I told myself that I'd give my body until Friday and then I'd take a test. Well...I took not one, not two, not even three, but FOUR tests and each of them came out positive. I was blown away. Blown away by the miracle, the gift of this precious life and blown away by God's great grace in allowing me to be surprised.

So...here I sit, one year later and what a year it has been. From sitting on the bathroom floor at 6am waiting for those few (but oh so long) test minutes to pass, to sitting here now...watching the video monitor as our precious second miracle baby sleeps...I am amazed at what God has given me, for He has truly given me the desires of my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment