Sunday, May 13, 2012

OH HAPPY DAY...

Today is a wonderful day; it's a day that I prayed for, for many...many years.  Today is Mother's Day and I'm the Mommy.  What a wonderful, wonderful gift!  My two miracles bless me each and every day.  Their smiles, their love, their innocents, their joy...the feeling that I get, knowing that I am their mom, it is such a humbling and precious gift. Walking down the road of Motherhood, makes me value my own mother even more.  I've always loved her and needed her...but I don't know that I really valued her as a woman, until I became a mother.  And considering that she started this journey at half the age I was when Bailey was born well...it blows me away.  When I get Boo dressed, when I comb her hair or put on her shoes or when I'm rocking Brandon...I often times think of my mom and what she must have felt like when she combed my hair or rocked my brothers. I've always known that my mother loved me, but I never knew just how much until I became a mom.  What a blessing.  What a happy, happy day...

ps.  last picture below....no, he can't stand all on his own.  He's actually leaning against the sofa!  Good trick though, eh? :)