Monday, December 9, 2013

PICTURE PERFECT...

Our beautiful girl, in so many ways, truly is...picture perfect.  Oh, don't get me wrong, this girl of ours is most definitely sassy, overly emotional and (often times) not the best listener (who are we kidding, it's her M.O.).  However, she is also smart. sweet. thoughtful. loving. hilarious. kind. completely adorable and completely loved.

Because this blog not only serves as an opportunity for me to update family and friends, but also a diary of sorts for my/our memories... I wanted to make sure to write down a few of Boo's latest, so that I don't forget these sweet times.

- A while ago, we were at the market; it was the end of the day.  I was tired and the kids were hyper.  I had put them in the car and was trying unload the groceries from the cart; Brandon was singing at the top of his lungs, while banging a toy car together with a toy train (very loud) and I caught another mommy (older so probably a YiaYia/grandmommy) laughing at me as I had to say to Bailey, "Babe...stop barking like a dog". I have no idea why she was barking, but I smile now when I think about the moment. Chaotic, yes...but I know all too soon, I'll be the woman walking by, missing my child barking like a dog.  So I'll take the chaos.

- On a recent trip to the park, we passed the field where Bailey plays softball.  A little later she tells me, that she doesn't want to play softball this year.  I explain to her that being a part of a team is important...to which she says to me (in complete seriousness, keep in mind), "Oh, I want to be a part of a team.  A princess team.  Princesses don't sweat and they get to ride around on flying horses".  Sounds like a plan my sweet girl.

- The other night at dinner, Boo was eating a couple of peas that were still in the pod.  After inspecting the pod, she so sweetly and innocently looked at me and asked, "Mommy, how did you zip up the peas?" (because they were still in the pod and she had only seen peas that had been shelled).  I smiled and told her, "God did that Baby".

Man, I love this girl....


No comments:

Post a Comment