Tuesday, February 18, 2014

BYE BYE BABA....

Before we went to Disney last week, I knew that another milestone was coming.  Not only would our first miracle be a beautiful year older, but our sweet second miracle was going to have to say goodbye to one of the few "baby" items left... his baba.  It took our little man a little while to get the hang of drinking milk from a cup (water, no problem, but milk...that he wanted in the bottle).  About a month ago, it finally clicked and I slowly started cutting back the amount of milk in his morning and night bottle, and increasing the amount he drank out of a cup.  I knew the day was coming, but it was hard for this mama.  I've never been one to prop the bottle up for my babies, or let them walk around holding/drinking the bottle... rather I've always sat and snuggled with them while they drank their bottle; it was always a sweet time for me.  So to say goodbye well, I knew it would be tough on us both.

The change was made while at Disney, as I figured this would be the easiest while we were busy and out of the normal routine anyway.  He did great. Didn't ask for the baba once.  At least...Not. While. At. Disney.  Once we got home, the transition was a little tougher, but after a few morning and nights of tears (from us both)...I think we've made it through.  Another step towards our sweet baby boy, growing into a sweet big boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment