Wednesday, August 15, 2012

HOME ON THE RANGE...

On Sunday, we got to visit some friends of ours down in Newnan.  They have my dream house...wonderful high ceilings with tons of light and (most importantly) surrounded by horse pastures.  It was great.  Bailey likes horses and every once in a while she'll ask if she can have one.  I've promised that come 11 or 12, I'll do my best.  I rode as a girl and honestly...getting up on a crisp morning, the sounds and smells of the horse, the power of the animal that you can feel while you ride....oh my gosh, next to loving my family, nothing tops it!  I'm one of those strange people who walks into a barn and takes a deep breath, rather than holding my breath from the smell.  Love it.  Which is funny if you know my mother, who is very girlie-girlie.  Somehow it's just in my blood.

We were blessed with some really great weather and Boo had a lot of fun feeding the horses.  She was a bit apprehensive about letting them eat out of her hands but, with some help she did GREAT!  Brandon was interested...until they got too close.  He reached out to touch the nose of the filly and once he realized that she wasn't a stuffed animal, the experience was pretty much over for him :o)

It was a lot of fun.  Thanks Courtney and Kevin for the invite!