Saturday, March 23, 2013

MAMA'S HOME...

This week marked a change in our family.  I officially became a stay-at-home mom (or SAHM).  PRAISE GOD!  This is something that I've asked God for, that Tom and I have worked towards, since Bailey was born.  For the past 10 years, I've worked from home (80% of the time) which has been an unbelievable blessing as its allowed me to keep my children with me however... I'm not going to lie, it has not been easy.  When Brandon was born, working from home became very tough so when an opportunity came for Tom to go to work for a company we took it (these past several years he has worked for himself, also from home, which is truly what made my working from home possible).  I have to admit, it does feel a bit strange not "working" (funny how raising two people and taking care of a home is not always looked at as working).  I've held a job since I was 15 and now (at almost 42) I've had a career in the same field for close to 17 years.  I keep having to push away these feelings of, "wonder if that has been taken care of" or "I really should call this client" BUT on the flip side...the relief that I feel, knowing that I can fully focus on my children, brings unbelievable joy.  I am so incredibly thankful.