Saturday, July 6, 2013

GIRL SCOUTS...













So, I'm branching out and writing a post that does not specifically apply to my children...or at least not to an activity that they've been involved in.  Which is unfortunately as, in the past, I had considered Girl Scouts as a possible activity for Bailey when she reached the right age (which she is at now as she could join the entry level - Daisy).  However, as much as I may have considered it, or as many boxes of cookies I may have purchased in the past, I am no longer able to support the organization.  Why you may ask?  Because I am, unequivocally and without apology, pro-life.  I believe that life begins at conception and that any life should be respected, cherished and protected.

What does this have to do with Girl Scouts some of you may be asking?  For some of your local chapters...not much.  But for the organization, there is a conflict.  You see, Girl Scouts has ties to Planned Parenthood.  Maybe you knew this?  I had NO idea. Below are two recent articles:

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/06/05/girl-scouts-usa-pushes-video-honoring-pro-abortion-activists/

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/01/17/no-girl-scout-cookies-group-has-ties-to-planned-parenthood/

Sad that an organization which started out with such strong values, has chosen to devalue something as precious as life.