Sunday, December 28, 2008

Watching Bailey grow...

Because of the Christmas holiday, I had a couple of days off from work so I thought I'd take a moment for an extra post to give you a quick update on what our day looks like. I know that most of you do not get to see Bailey, so I thought this might be nice for you. First, Bailey is so incredibly funny. Some of the things she does and says can bring you to tears. For example, she loves her stuffed animal Piglet so much, that I have to wash the poor animal every couple of weeks from the sheer amount of slobber on his nose :) She has such fire in her eyes, it's absolutely wonderful to see. Like Mommy, when she gets tired, she gets giddy; when she gets hungry, she gets grumpy.

Bailey is a strong communicator. Her first word, Mama, was at 8 months; she's been going strong ever since. At a year, she had about 12 words that she used, around 15 months she started using two word sentences and three word sentences popped up around age 19 months. By 15 months she could recognize most letters in the alphabet and count to 10. By 20 months she knew all the letters and we were working on numbers 1-20. She's very good at getting her point across and I am often amazed at how well she can communicate with me. She has started to sing along with the CD's in the car and will say, "God Bless you" when Tom or I sneeze. When we leave the market, she often tells the clerk to, "Have a good day" and "Merry Christmas" with a wave was popular this month :)

Bailey has started to play more make-believe. She's always played very well on her own, but she's started to vocalize her (make-believe) playtime more. You can now hear her making little voices for her stuffed animals or dolls in her doll house. It's really cute.

Bailey is not a fan of little boys. One little boy in her (Gymboree) play class tried to give her hug goodbye last week and Bailey ran the other way waving her hands and yelling, "no, no, no!". She may have found it a little traumatic, but Mommy found it a little funny. Sometimes my beautiful girl can be quite the drama-girl.

Bailey loves to read, go outdoors, shop...oh my goodness, this child LOVES the mall or Costco! She is her YiaYia's granddaughter! Bailey will walk into a clothing store and pull an item off the shelf with a resounding, "Cute!"; the other day, I got a "Cute outfit!"....it was the funniest thing :)

There you have it...a bit of an update. She's growing/changing fast so I'll do my best to sticking to my commitment of posting at least once a week.

Love you all...


Getting ready to go for a walk outside


Taken at a photo studio (The Picture People) 12/26/08

2 comments:

  1. what an amazing baby girl!! She's such a sweetie too! I love her new studio picture....sooo cute, as always!!
    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a doll I must say I think being a grandmother is even more fun then being a mommy!

    ReplyDelete