Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's a wonderful life....

Our daughter is pretty amazing. Actually, very amazing if you want our honest opinion :o) She's a funny, bright, sweet, amazing little person. She's constantly changing before our eyes and while it's been hard for this mom to watch her baby grow so quickly...I have to say that it is pretty awesome to watch :o)

Here are some funny things that have happened lately....actions and words:

* Bailey calls the elevator at the mall, an "alligator". Which is funny because she really does have a very expansive (and well spoken) vocabulary so when she says those funny little "baby" words, those cute little mix-ups, I make sure to take note. I love them!

* She found it rather odd this week when I put a pair of Capri pants on her; she kept pulling the legs down and looking at me with this curious look on her face as if to say, "hey, what the heck is wrong with these short pants!?"

* We were out in the backyard this week and she found a flower (okay, it was a weed but hey...who am I to point that out?); she reached down to pick it up and found it attached to the ground to which she announced that it was, "stuck".

* The other day, a little boy followed her around the play ground at the park. He was older and a bit loud, now (several days later) at the most random moment she'll look at me with a bit of a frazzled look on her face and say, "boy loud!". Cracks me up every time.

* She finds it funny to feed her baby doll and then try to burp her...she'll tell the baby, "excuse you"

* One of my favorite things, is her little girl voice and the excitement she uses to communicate with. It is the best thing ever! The other day, I went out for a work appointment and Bailey stayed home with Tom. I came home (Bailey and Tom were in a different room and could only hear me, not see me). Tom, knowing of course it was me, said to Bailey, "guess whose here!"....to which my beautiful baby girl announced in her sweet little girl excited voice, "YIA YIA and POPO!" (aka my parents). No baby girl...it's just me. Plain old mom :o)

Pictures below are from this week, Bailey playing with her tea set that Yia Yia and Popo gave her. Notice how she makes sure to match the right cup with the right (color) saucer :0)

Hope you've had a wonderful week!



























1 comment:

  1. those are great moments! she's such an awesome little girl!! :) We have that same tea set. haha

    ReplyDelete