Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm a little girl...not a fish.

Before having Bailey, before I was even pregnant with her actually, I had always planned to take my children to swim lessons early on. Even though Bailey is only 2, in my eyes we're getting a late start; I would have rather started by 6 months. Having said that, time goes fast so here we are, age 2, starting our first set of swim lessons. Saturday was the first class (this class is 5 lessons, Saturdays for five weeks); it went pretty well however...Bailey definitely made sure that I knew that I was not to let go of her for one moment. By the end of the class (about 40 minutes) the brave girl in her came out and she stood on the edge of the pool to "jump" in (really it was more of me lifting her back into the water but Tom and I made sure to make a big deal out of it, praising her as if she had dove in). I'm excited to see how she reacts to the next class....we're going to blow bubbles in the water in preparation for going under the water (something Bailey has never done). I'll let you know how it goes!

Lots of love to you all....

1 comment:

  1. How great to have pics of her 1st day at swimming lessons.

    ReplyDelete