Sunday, April 8, 2012

HAPPY EASTER!....

At that moment, the Temple curtain was ripped in two, top to bottom.  Matthew 27:31.  This is my favorite verse in the Bible.  Yes, it's centered around the death of Christ which was vicious and unbearable to think of but...that verse is my favorite, because it describes the moment that God became accessible to me. The moment He became my Abba Father. 


As a parent, there is nothing that moves me more, then when my children need me.  There is nothing that I will not do to make myself accessible to them.  To celebrate with them and to sweep them up and carry them when they're hurting. There's nothing that could stop me from being there at that moment.


When I picture the curtain being ripped, I picture my Lord and Savior on the other side...my Abba Father, and I see myself running to him.  His arms are large and so, so strong and he sweeps me up and pulls me close and everything in that moment is perfect.  There is complete peace.  


Wishing each of you an Easter in His peace...