Saturday, April 21, 2012

NO PICTURES...JUST LOTS OF PRAISE...

We all have things that we do, almost second nature without even thinking.  For me, there are things that I do when I'm driving, that are second nature...a habit.  Today, I was driving my family to the park; in order to get to this particular park, I have to drive onto a major road about a mile from our house.  At this intersection, whenever I turn left, my second nature is always the same:  I look to the left to see if it's safe to turn and, if it is, I look quickly to the right to make sure the turn lane (in the middle of the road) is clear and then pull out.  I've had to have made that turn a hundred times and each time I tell you... I do it the same way.  Check to the left, check to the right and pull out.

Today, God reached down and turned my head the other direction.  Had He not, I truly believe that neither myself nor my son would be alive tonight.  I question if Tom and Bailey would have made it through...possibly, but only with severe injuries.  Because today, when I looked to the left, it was clear...there was big pick-up truck slowing down to turn onto our street; when I looked to the right...it was clear.  And so, I pulled out...but then, God turned my head back to the left and I saw a very light blue car going at least 60mph fly past the truck and while I remember hitting the breaks, I will tell you that I don't know how I reacted so quickly.  How I moved my foot from pushing the gas to pushing the break... so hard that Bailey commented that the jolt from the stop hurt her neck.  He would have hit us, had I pulled into the turn lane.  He would have t-boned our vehicle and, I believe, hit our van right in between my door and Brandon's door.

So...no pictures today.  But lots of on my knees, thanking God, tears streaming down my face....praise.