Sunday, April 15, 2012

MY PARENTS ARE TIRED...

A couple of years back, I saw a little boy wearing a t-shirt that said, "My parents are tired". I laughed as the little boy was about 18 months old, around the age where babies get very good at walking (or should I say running) away from their parents :)  I wish I could find that shirt.  I have to say, by the end of the day I am exhausted...heck, there are days that I start exhausted!  But then I took a few minutes today to look at this past week, an average week for my family, and this is what I was involved in:

  • work week of 32-34 hours
  • 14 bath time routines with the kids (including 3 nights where I washed Boo's hair)
  • 21 meals (although I'm not much a cook, so the meals are pretty simple and we actually ate out for 2 of them)
  • 35 bottles
  • 49 diaper changes
  • 10 outfit changes on Brandon, 20 bib changes (plus 2 extra outfit changes for me when the bib and burp cloth didn't quite do the trick)
  • 10 trips to Bailey's school (actually...Tom did 6 of these this week, thanks Babe!)
  • 5 loads of laundry  
  • 2 runs with the dishwasher
  • Swept the kitchen floor 7 times; the hall, bathrooms and dining room twice
  • Mopped the floors 
  • Vacuumed 3 times
  • Dusted the furniture and cleaned the bathrooms
  • Cut the back and front yard
  • Put down weed killer (which didn't work with a heck)
  • Water the flowers twice
  • Updated the blog 3 times
  • Spent 2 hours searching coupon databases
  • Two trips to the market
  • One wonderful visit with my closest friend
  • Two trips to the park
  • One softball practice
  • One softball game
  • One morning of hunting for finds at garage sales
  • One trip to Costco
  • A great morning at church
  • One trip to the zoo
So...whenever I wonder, "why am I tired?"...I just need to sit down and think about my week (as this is the list that I was able to come up with, with just the few stolen minutes I had sitting here at the computer...right now, as I type, with Brandon bouncing on my knees :).  Tired?  You bet.  Blessed?  Absolutely.