Thursday, May 9, 2013

PAINTED FIREPLACE...

After living in our home for almost 10 years, I finally decided that I couldn't take the ugly brick fireplace in our living room anymore...so I painted it.  I knew that painting a brick fireplace would be time consuming but goodness, this took quite a while!  Even after priming it, the paint still soaked in pretty easy and there were so many nooks and crannies that I went through two (cheap) paint brushes filling everything in.  While I was at it, I also painted the walls, ceiling and part of the wood trim (which required two tubs of caulk because the wood trim was hung improperly and the previous owners were VERY messy painters).   This job also called for several late nights/early mornings so that my "little helpers", weren't tempted to "help" :0)

We don't get a lot of light in this particular room and my hope was that the paint would brighten things up.   Take a look at the pictures below, I think you'll agree... success!

Part of me would like to paint the remaining wood trim and wood doors but gotta tell ya... for the time and energy it would require, I'm just not that patient!!  Plus, the other part of me likes the wood beams as they are.  The room feels brighter, but still cozy :0)

I had already removed the white curtains then thought...
"I should take a 'before' picture"  :0)

Trim and fireplace primed (thank God for repeats of 7th Heaven...
I think I listened to 6 or 7 episodes while doing this room!)




Walls were a light yellow and ceiling a deep yellow...now the walls
are a soft cream/antique white and the ceilings a bright white.

May be hard to tell in this photo, but the fireplace is now a very
light beige/coffee.