Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Miracle and a Panda....

Everyday I thank God for Bailey; usually more than once. Every time she giggles, gives me kisses, talks in her cute little voice...really just about everything, I praise God for. Every night I pray over her and each night I start the prayer by thanking God for the "miracle and blessing" that she is. Today was a special reminder of God's love for me. A reminder of His promises.

Today, Bailey found her Panda.

Three years ago, I was newly pregnant. After years of prayer, doctors appointments and (in order to conceive Bailey), fertility shots I got to see the double pink line on the pregnancy stick. I finally got "the call" from the doctor's office, "Congratulations, you're pregnant". I finally got to tell my husband and my parents, that I was having a baby. Then, as my parents, Tom and I were seeing the sights of Washington D.C. we decided to visit one of the Smithsonian museums. It was there, that I found this cute little stuffed Panda. I promptly sent Tom to go purchase it and as he was off paying, I went to the bathroom for my 20th trip of the day....only this trip was different. This trip I discovered that I was bleeding. Unless you've been there, I'm not sure I can fully describe that feeling. That feeling of deep horror in the pit of your very soul. I remember immediately feeling deflated. The idea that I was possibly miscarrying was .....it was a weight so heavy, that I found it hard to breath. I remember being in a daze as I made my way out of the bathroom and looking at my mother's face. I remember telling her that I was bleeding and I remember her praying. I remember the train ride back to the hotel and I remember feeling: please God, make it stop. Make the day stop, make the train stop, make my pain stop, make the bleeding stop. I remember thinking, my arms are aching.

But......GOD IS GOOD!!! He mercies are so great. His gifts and blessings are so much more than we could ever hope for. I truly believe that God saw me in those moments and said, "Not today....not my child. Today, she will be blessed".

Today, Bailey found her Panda.....what a great day indeed.



"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb"
Psalm 139:13

1 comment: