Tuesday, December 14, 2010

MAKING CAKE AND...MAKING MEMORIES

The other night, I came in from walking on the treadmill (which is in our garage) and Bailey started talking about dinner and specifically...if there was any dessert :o) Yes...she's my daughter; I take full responsibility for messing her up in the womb (way too many sweets when I was pregnant!).

So...Boo and I decided to make a cake. Chocolate...her favorite and mine. It's not the first time she's helped me but, maybe it's because my parents moved away and I was feeling sentimental, it was the first time I was reminded of helping my mom in the kitchen. I can remember her telling me "I'm your mother, if I don't show you these things...who will?".

So, I'm passing on the tradition and now telling my daughter, "I'm your mother, if I don't show you these things...who will?". Who knew that sounding like your mom, could feel so good? Now, if only I (also) didn't have to say, "If I have to tell you one more time..."


At one point she was very serious...I think she wanted
to make sure that her spoon still had batter on it (so she
could lick it off :o)
Excited for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment